July 22nd we sold Jody's truck after I have the baby we all won't be able to all fit in it. We miss the truck alot, we didn't realize how much we actually used it until we didn't have it anymore.
August such a busy month, August 5, & 6th was the Garn Family Reunion Jody's moms siblings and their kiddos. We went to the Memorial Park in Ogden Canyon, it was alot of fun I forgot I had my camera til the very last day. But it was so nice to get away and relax. Jody's parents brought down his mustang so he could work on it and get it working so he can drive it, since we sold his truck.
August 11-14, was the Thain Family Reunion, which was all my siblings their kiddos and my parents. We went to Bear Lake and stayed in my Brother-in-law Brett's brothers cabin. It was alot of fun, I really enjoy spending time with family, talking, playing games, etc. Friday the 12th we went to the beach and played all day in the sun, my brother-in-law brought his parents boat so we did some tubing. All the kids seemed to enjoy it! The older kids found some frogs along the beach I think they caught about 5 or 6 of them and made little homes for them. Saturday the 13th we went to the Minnetonka Cave we hiked/walked all 888 steps, it was kind of cool it was my first time inside the cave. It was a little chilly, but it felt really good. I debated whether or not to go because of all the steps and being pregnant. It wasn't too bad because you only go a little ways at a time and then the tour guide stops and tells you a little about the cave. On the way back I started getting contractions but nothing too serious. The rest of the day we just hung out and played games. Sunday we cleaned the cabin and those that wanted went to church that morning.

August 16th we went swimming with my work at the Logan Aquatic Center. Kayden sure is getting really brave in the water that I have to watch him really close. I loves to go under water, he loves to play in the water where he can touch the ground, he loves to play in the shallow water and move around on his belly and pretend that he is a fish, in the 3ft water he likes to hold onto the wall or the stair rail and hang and then drop into the water, he likes to jump off the edge only if you are going to catch him though. We had a fun couple hours of swimming!
August 20th my sister-in-law Megan threw me a baby shower. We got alot of wonderful blankets and clothes, I really appreciated her giving me a shower I hardly had any baby girl clothes. I really appreciate those people that did come, it was fun! Well after my shower we went to another baby shower Cherie's (Jody's Cousin) she had her baby 3 wks early so we got to see her baby, so tiny and beautiful! It got me a little excited to hold such a tiny sweet thing!
August 24th was my 27th birthday, I can't believe I am almost 30! Scary! Well first time ever I had to work on my birthday, so that sucked. But I really enjoyed all the phone calls/singing I received. Jody took me out to dinner to Chili's for my birthday, the food is ok but I really love their dessert the molten chocolate cake. It's a little heavenly! After we ate we went home to get Kayden ready for bed, I bathed him and then Jody started reading him a bedtime story when I heard a pounding on my door. I go answer the door and my wonderful sisters Heather, Aleece & Tammy, niece Hailey & nephew Austin had decorated my front porch with pictures and balloons. It was such a nice surprise, I loved it!
Jody's mustang is going to cost alot to fix up so he wouldn't have a car for quite a while, so a girl at Jody's work was selling her car so we bought it a 96 Toyota Corolla for $400. We thought that it was a pretty good deal especially where there is nothing wrong with the car, and he would just use it to go to and from work. So far it works ok and it drives pretty nice.
Well today I went to the doctor, right when he walked in he asked me when I wanted to have this baby I told him today would be nice. He said are you serious, I told him yes I am ready to be done then he said I will be right back. He comes back into the room and he says well how does this afternoon look, I told him that I was at work and I was a little nervous to be started so I wanted him to strip my membranes and see if I would go on my own. He then asked well how about tomorrow morning, I told him I was ok with that, that way my body would have a chance to go by itself. So I am dialated to almost a 4, last week I was only a 1 so we made quite a bit of progress. He said he wasn't too worried to start me because he felt that I would do just fine and once I started having contractions he thought that it would dialate pretty fast, and since this is my second child my body already knows what to do. So my next post will involve pictures of our new addition to our little family.


















1 comment:
Me and my hubby have been to that cave. It's way cool! Happy late B-day!! and good luck on labor and delivery! That's so exciting! Can't wait to see pics :)
Post a Comment