Thursday, April 8, 2010

Allergies, Car Wreck and Easter

I know I am the worst blogger but I find it very difficult to find time to blog. But anyway it has been quite a lousy month for me.
This is a long story: Well a couple weeks ago in March well anyway Kayden woke up with a fever and was so lethargic and no energy. So I had called into work and my boss told me that I still needed to come into work for a couple hours at least, so Jody called his boss and his boss was willing to let him stay home with Kayden for a couple hours. Anyways so I had gone into work until 11, I debated whether to take him to the doctor or not because since he is so little half the time they won't give him anything to make it better. They just say alternate between Tylenol and Ibuprofen to keep the fever down, but I had been doing this all day and his temp goes down only for a couple hours. So all day his fever jumped from 99-104, it never got below 99 at all. So then Jody came home and we decided that we better take him in to be seen, so we took him to Instacare and we found out he has an ear infection, I would have never know because he never tugs at his ears or anything. So they gave us Amoxicillin and sent us on our way. Next morning he didn't have a fever he seemed fine, so we thought well we will try to take him to Day Care. At about 12:30 I get a phone call from the Day Care he started fevering and was lethargic. So I had to go get him, I told my boss what was going on and she said to me that she was giving me a verbal warning if I left and so I left because my child is more important than my job! She was the biggest beast to me and so rude, she told me that when things like this happen that I need a back up plan. Duh, I am the back up plan for when my child gets sick. Anyway the rest of the week Jody's boss was so nice to let him stay home with Kayden, at least one of us has a nice boss! Anyway his fever subsided for a couple days and then came back the next monday so I thought that maybe his medicine for his ear infection wasn't working so I took him to the Doc again and they tell me well his ear infection is better but he has an upper respiratory infection so they gave him Augmentin a stronger Penicillin. After a couple days on this medicine Kayden wakes up and I find little pink dots all over his back. There isn't very many but just a few and I am thinking, Oh great he has the chicken pox (I always seem to think the worse). Here is a couple pics: You can't really see very good. But I thought well I will just watch him and see what happens, but then I noticed that he does't scratch at them. But as the day goes on he gets more and more little pink dots.

They were like little hives all over his little body.

(He wanted his picture taken)
Next morning, called the Doc he is allergic to the medicine and it gave him a yeast infection on his poor little bum. Poor guy screamed bloody murder when you changed his dirty bum. The Diaper cream worked wonders for his bum. So after 2 weeks of this mess, I went to work friday the 26th and as I left my work this guy pulls out in front of me and the next block he gets in the turning lane to turn left and as I start to pass him on the right side he decided to come back into my lane and freakin side swipe my left side leaving these imprints on my car.

It doesn't look like much but it sure messed up my windows, you can't roll them down without them making a crackling sound like it's going to break the glass. Anyway I went last week to get a bid to fix my car and it is going to cost $2100, they have to replace both doors and repaint the whole left side of my car. I need to talk them into repainting the whole car so it all looks nice not just the left side, we will see how much it will cost though. At least I don't have to pay for it, Whew!
Well Easter was fun, all my siblings came up to my parents. Thursday night we had a girls night out, went to dinner at the Olive Garden and then bowling. Friday night we did a little Easter Egg Hunt for all the kids, which they loved and got a ton of eggs. Kayden did really well I was really surprised, he just had to open every egg that he picked up before he would go look for another one. Saturday morning we dyed eggs while watching conference hoping that by afternoon we could go roll them down Old Main Hill, but there was too much snow that we weren't able to. BUMMER! Favorite Easter past time. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! (Pics to come)
Anyway I am home again with a sick child today, I think he has the flu. Last night he woke up crying and it sounded like he was choking so I went in there to see what was going on and there he layed in a pool of throw up. Yuck! I can handle most bodily fluids but not throw up. Jody was so nice to wake up and give Kayden a bath while I cleaned it up gaging the whole time trying not to throw up myself. After a couple hours of cuddling he finally went to sleep. Well I hope Kayden gets feeling better soon!

2 comments:

The Byington's said...

Hahaha! Sorry Amy, but I can't help but laugh at the picture in my head of you changing the sheets, and gagging! LOL!! But...I do feel bad for poor little Kayden! Holy cow, can the little guy get a break? I feel bad for you too, especially when your boss is being the beast that she was/is! Hopefully now with spring coming, the major sicknesses go away, other than the usual runny nose and cough! We're dealing with the flu also, only everyone has it here, except me! So I'm the one that gets to change the nasty sheets, and get puked on in the middle of the night! Ah...so fun! Well, hopefully we come up soon and can hang out some more! Luv ya!

Kara said...

Wow! what a crazy time for you! I hope things calm down :)