Wow alot has changed in my family in such a short time and we are all trying to get use to it. Change is sometimes difficult but sometimes it is worth it. Pictures will have to come later, we got new phones and I am not sure how to transfer them to my SD card I thought that they were already being stored there but when I went to transfer to the computer well no pictures to transfer. So when I find out how to use my smart phone I can share them later.
Well to start things off, Jody got a new job over in Tremonton at West Liberty Foods in March. They make lunch meat, so if you have ever eaten at Subway then you have eaten their meat and boy it is delicious! So Jody has been working 2 jobs for the time being, we will see how long it lasts. He really likes both of his jobs and thats the main reason he doesn't leave his other job at Kathy Kaye Foods, he is hoping that this will help him pay off some school debt. So he has been putting some long hour days he leaves to go to work at 5:30 am and doesn't come home til about 9:30 pm, so yes he is tired all the time but hopefully he will realize that he can't keep this up for a long time and will quit the one job but this is something that he has to realize on his own because he is kind of stubborn.
Easter was alot of fun this year, the silly Easter bunny hid eggs all over the house. Kayden had alot of fun finding all the eggs, he was so excited for Easter he woke up at 5:30 and started on the hunt. The Easter bunny got him some games to play outside frisbee, bubbles, paddle ball, chalk and a coloring book and of course candy. Mykel got some toys too and she is always trying to steal Kayden's candy/food or whatever he is eating.
We have been enjoying this lovely weather outside and have made many trips to the different parks around town, we love to be outside and enjoy the warmth!
April 9th, I went with my sisters Shauna, Melissa & Aleece to the Jazz Game and surprisingly enough we were only a couple rows (maybe 10) behind the famous John Stockton. We asked him if we could get our picture taken with him and the ushers wouldn't let us, they told us if we let you guys get your pictures taken with him then we have to let everyone else. Dang it, at least we talked to him, very nice man though! I am not sure how much of the game we actually watched but we had fun anyways, Love my sisters!
We recently discovered that Kayden has allergies and asthma. He was always having a runny/stuffy nose and the humidifier didn't work and so I asked my doctor how they know if he has allergies and then the doctor told me to give him some children's claritin for a couple weeks and see if it helps and surely enough after a couple days he was all cleared up, CRAZY! A couple weeks later Kayden got sick or so I thought and would wake up in the middle of the night telling me that he couldn't breathe and so I was thinking it was the dang croup but after talking to Kayden his throat didn't hurt and he didn't have that barking cough it was more of a dry cough but every once in a while he would have a cough attack and it would make him throw up and after I got thinking about it. It was very similar to my asthma attacks so the next morning I took him in to the doctor, I told him what was going on and he agreed with me about the asthma. So the doctor told me that when someone has allergies and asthma together the symptoms for both of them multiply, they play off each other and are worse than one or the other. So he gave us some medicine and an inhaler to help control his asthma, the first couple nights when Kayden would wake up saying he couldn't breathe we had to use his inhaler which worked wonders and super fast for him. So now we just have to figure out what time of year his allergies act up or if it is year round.
April 20, we celebrated our 6 yr. anniversary weekend even though it was really on the 22nd, Jody and I went to the Bee's game, it was alot of fun. It has been a long time since just the 2 of us had gone out without no kids, it was so nice and so relaxing! We stayed at a hotel in Salt Lake and then went to the new City Creek Mall, it was really big and nice and fun shopping even though I know Jody hates it. I sure love him, he sure puts up with alot!
April 22, it was a really hot day so we got out the swimming pool and Mykel's first time in the swimming pool she wasn't sure about it. At first she would only put her feet in but after watching Kayden get in and play around she was ok to sit in the little pool. She is such a silly girl!
The last couple of weeks she has gotten more mobile she was rolling all over the place, then to the army crawl and just the last couple days she is officially crawling and getting into everything. I think she is way more busy than Kayden was at this age, which I think we have trouble coming very soon. She is such a sweet baby, and a mama little girl. She loves to cuddle with her mama which I am just taking in because who knows how long it will last. Kayden will only cuddle with me if he is sick or if he hasn't seen me for a long time which doesn't happen very often. Mykel's favorite person is her big brother, he is really the only person that can get her to laugh and everytime he comes by her she tries to kiss and just grab on to him, it is so cute! I love them both so much, I don't know what I would do without them.
So this month I just started a new job with Instacare it is so hard to get a job there because no one ever leaves, I have been waiting for 5 yrs for a spot to open up. So finally a spot opened and I got the job, the only thing it that it is mostly front desk and every once in a while I will work in the back. Some of the doctors have told me that they like working with me in the back, who knows if they really feel that way but it sure makes me feel good:) Next year fall a new Instacare is suppose to open up in Hyde Park and hopefully I will be able to work as an MA when that opens up but we will just have to see. I mostly moved to Instacare for the 3- 12 hr shifts, and the weekends so that I can spend more time with my kids. I would love to not work at all but at this time that isn't an option, life is too expensive. So hopefully all this change will be good in the long run!
On May 1st, my wonderful father was in a 4-wheeler accident. This was probably the worst news that I have ever gotten. He was down by Hole in the Rock Southern Utah, he was 4-wheeling with my uncle Kay and a couple of his 4-wheeling buddies. He turned a sharp corner and rolled his 4-wheeler and he was thrown off about 30 ft and landed on his back. He got to his knees and was having a hard time catching his breath and then stood up and walked over to his machine to lean on it still trying to catch his breath. The guys that he was with drove him back to the hotel to get the car and called the ambulance to meet them in town and then the ambulance took him to the hospital where they took some xrays and found out that my dad had broken his back in 2 different places. In which they told him that they couldn't treat him properly so they had to transport him, so they ended up taking him to Murray medical center. He also broke 3 ribs, punctured his lung, broken his left hand. On wednesday Jody and I had drove down to see my dad, it was really hard for me to see my dad in this condition, he could barely move and had to lay flat on his back. At least he still had his sense of humor, which I think made situation a little better. On thursday the 3th they did surgery on my dad's back 11 hrs long, they had to put some rods and they did a bone graft from his hip, 58 staples later. The next day he was able to walk a little bit, he is a walking miracle and we are so grateful to still have my dad with us. May 10th he was able to leave the hospital and come back to Logan where he stayed at Sunshine Terrace in the new rehab part, the kids and I have visited him there almost everyday and I have been so surprised at how fast he has been recovering from this accident, it's such a blessing. I really look up to my dad in alot of ways and I am amazed at how strong and determined he is in life, I still have alot to learn from him. It made me realize how short life really is and I am thankful for every day that I am alive and how we need to live each day as if it were our last, you never know when it will end or change. I am so thankful for my family and what a blessing they are in my life;) Good news though, yesterday my dad was able to come home! Love you dad!
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















No comments:
Post a Comment