Monday, December 7, 2009

Update...

WOW! Alot has happened since the last time I wrote our computer crashed so we had to get a new one. Well where to start, first of all my baby is now 1 yr. old it is so crazy how time flies. Kayden had his 1st birthday on Oct. 11th, we celebrated it at my parents house with some of my siblings and there kids. I was really interested to see what he would do with the cake, he did better than I thought that he would do. But once he realized that his hands were dirty he didn't want to play in it anymore so I gave him a spoon and then he dug right back into it.


I had a video but it was taking so freakin long to download, so I decided not to post it but it was really funny, maybe I can post it by itself later. Cole (my sister Shauna's boy) loves frosting and he couldn't resist the temptation with the cake right next to him, so he dug into it also. Tayson (my sister Melissa's boy) saw that Cole was digging into it so he decided to dig in also.

This is after he was all done eating his cake, he didn't really eat much of it at all. He just liked to stick the spoon in and dig around.

On October 22, 23, and 24th, we went down to Salt Lake I had to take a training class for work to be certified to do Audio (hearing) tests. Jody was so nice to get off work and come down with me and keep me company in the evenings. I hate having to sleep or just be alone so he was nice to keep me company. Although he enjoyed it, he got to spend the day playing with Kayden, that doesn't get to happen very often. So they hung out during the day and then at nights all 3 of us would go roam the town to find something to do, most of the time it was just to go get dinner because by the time we were done eating Kayden would be ready for bed. Well after class on 24th I told Jody we could do whatever he wanted to do and so we went to the Aquarium in Sandy. Kayden loved it, it was alot of fun! He is at the stage right now that everything amuses him so he walks around pointing at everything and gasping. He would go up to all the glass cases and press his little face right up to it and whisper. He just had to get on this frog, he kept climbing up on it and sitting like this, then slide down the back.

The Jellyfishes, I didn't even realize there were so many different kinds.

This was the coolest part of the whole place, Jody could sit here for hours which we probably did. You could pet the sting rays, they would come up the side of the wall and stick there fin out so you could pet it. I only touched it once it was all slimey, I am not a big fan of slimey things. Kayden didn't realize what we were doing he just wanted to splash in the water, but when one would go past he would stop splashing and watch it move past in the water. It was alot of fun I would recommend going!


On Oct. 28th, Kayden and I went down to Ogden to have a playdate with cousins, my sisters Christy, Shauna and Melissa all live down there. All of our kids are about 6 mo. -1 yr apart, Cole was 3 yrs & Adalyn 7 mo.?, Brooklyn was 2 1/2 yrs & Kaleb 4 mo., and Tayson 2 yrs. and then Kayden 1 yr. We went to the Gateway Discovery in Salt Lake, it was fun for the kids they didn't really play together though. They all went to there different areas, Kayden loved playing in the cars they had. He moves the steering wheel and makes little motor car sounds.




I don't know why but he loves to play with kitchen sets, he tries to eat the food and he likes to bang the silverware together. Maybe he will be my little chef or maybe he will be my little drummer. When I am doing dishes he takes out the silverware and bangs them on everything, it doesn't even have to be silverware. As long as it can hit against something and make a really loud sound it works for him.


He is always in his own little world, doesn't matter who is around he just plays by himself. He loves to play with kids but if they don't come play with him he is ok just being all by himself. He was stuck like this in this boat, but it didn't bother him at all.


This was his halloween costume this year, he was a dragon. If you ask Jody, he says he looks like Yoshi.


Our ward didn't do anything for halloween, so we went with Shane and Megan to there ward party. The kids thought that is was funny that Kayden was chasing them so he kept on chasing them. If you laugh, he keeps on doing it.





He is my handsome little guy! Well we haven't really done much of anything since Halloween, we all have been sick a couple of times. I got the swine flu, then Kayden got it, then Jody got it and then when we were all starting to feel somewhat normal. Kayden got the croup and an ear infection and then Jody and I got sick all over again and then Jody got an ear infection which burst and now has a hard time hearing (I think it is a little selective hearing). But with all that said we were all back to normal by Thanksgiving, which we celebrated this year with Jody's family, cousins and aunts and uncles. They all get together over in Tremonton where Jody's Grandma lives. It was a fun relaxing day spent with the family, catching up and playing basketball!

On Nov. 29th sometime in the night our heater went out completely, when we woke up the next morning our house was 40 degrees. It was a good thing we had already made an appointment for them to come put in a new furnace that morning @ 11 am. It was freezing, it was colder in our house than outside. I bundled Kayden up and we went into town and walked around different places because we didn't want to be home because it was too cold. But then when we went home and met the furnace guys, once they started working on it Kayden would go down the hallway and point his finger at them and start yelling at them. When they didn't acknowledge him he would move a little closer and yell a little louder. Then one of the guys looked at him and started laughing and then talked back to him, then Kayden just turned around and walked away. It was so funny! Even though our house was so cold I couldn't even keep him bundled up, he would start stripping his clothes off, taking his socks and shoes off, his coat off. The only way I could get him to snuggle up to me and stay put was put in a baby einstein movie and give him some m&m's. Bribery works everytime, but in this case I didn't have many options. Well long story short, by the end of the night we had a heater and it works wonderful!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

He is so cute Amy!

The Byington's said...

What a great update to read! I never knew you all got the swine flu! Kayden looks so cute as a little dragon, but I can see the Yoshi part, after you mentioned it! :) What a cute little nephew I have. That aquarium in Sandy does look fun, I think Cole would love that, we'll have to go do that some time. Well, see you in a couple weeks!